Dr. Tina Chou. This service is totally mobile and run by a veterinarian that I worked with for a bit.
Dr. Melanie Bonder. This is my veterinarian. It's a cat only clinic that also offers mobile services. I found that for my oldest cat, who gets very stressed out and aggressive at clinics with dogs, the cat only clinic works well
Provides dog walking and pet sitting
No-Kill, 100% Volunteer, cat rescue
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
General Cat Care:
- The Cat Owner’s Manual by Dr. David Brunner and Sam Stall
- Is My Cat Crazy? by John C. Wright and Judi Wright Lashnits
- Starting from Scratch by by Pam Johnson-Bennett
- Cat vs Cat by Pam Johnson-Bennett
Other Cat Books:
- The Character of Cats by Stephen Budiansky
- Get Fuzzy, various titles by Darby Colney (daily comic strip collections)
The Paw Project - working to ban declawing of cats in North America. "Declawing is amputation; it is not merely the removal of the claws. To declaw a cat, the veterinarian cuts off the last knuckles of a cat's paw – cutting through bone, tendons, skin and nerves. In a person, it is equivalent to amputating each finger or toe at the last joint." In other words, please let your cat keep their claws - scratching is an instinctive behavior and part of what makes a cat a cat.
Big cats are vanishing in the wild. Here are several charities working to stop them from disappearing.
- Cat Behavior Associates - a site about cat behavior by Pam Johnson-Bennett
- Veterinary Partner - a medical resource site for pet owners created by veterinarians
- Jackson Galaxy - the host of TV's My Cat From Hell is a terrific cat behaviorist
- Simon's Cat - amusing (and highly accurate) animated shorts about the joys of owning a cat (This one in particular is quite familiar in my house: Shelf Life)
- The Oatmeal - hilarious cartoons about both cats and dogs
- Henri, Le Chat Noir - an existential cat tells us of his ennui
- Geeky Pet - Great cat artwork. It's adorable. Cat Avengers is my favourite and one of the many pieces on my walls at home: